The opportunity exists to express interest in an investment in the IVX Fund (“IVX”).
● Transaction Size NZD $75,000,000.00 (>$50m committed to date)
● Minimum investment NZD $50,000.00 (paid 25% p.a.)
● Issue Type Early Stage Capital
● Sector Diversified
Icehouse Ventures - New Zealand’s most active venture investment group - have recently launched IVX (short for Icehouse Ventures Expansion), a late-stage venture fund that will invest in 30 of New Zealand’s leading tech companies.
IVX is a late-stage fund, meaning most of the capital will be deployed into companies with established and growing teams, well-developed products & services, evidence of competitive wins, five or more years in market, revenue & proven business models, strong governance, and the most critical feature: potential for significant global growth. The fund has already begun investing into companies that meet this high bar, including:
● Shuttlerock - which has achieved $10m in revenues
● Tradify - which has achieved $9m in revenues
● Dawn Aerospace - whose technology is commercially operating on multiple satellites in space
● Mint Innovation - who have validated the science and processes underpinning their e-waste gold mines, and are now scaling globally
● Mentemia - (Co-founded by Sir John Kirwan) whose technology is being used by The Warehouse, Sky, Eroad and others
IVX has also announced participation in the $15m growth round of Joyous, an HR software company led by exited entrepreneur Mike Carden. Read more here.
IVX leverages Icehouse Ventures’ unique relationships, information, and follow-on rights which have built up over 18 years of seed stage investing. IVX’s investment pipeline includes Icehouse Ventures’s 250+ startup investments - a subset of which will thrive and become highly sought after (and thus inaccessible) investment opportunities. This pipeline simply cannot be reverse engineered.
Icehouse Ventures' mission is to invest in and support founders & early stage startups that can transform the future of New Zealand. To achieve this, they need to align a large and diverse group of investors. IVX opens the door to investors who would prefer to invest in startups, though only once they have traction.
The objective is for investors to not simply feel informed, but to be engaged. Icehouse Ventures achieves this through an immersive Investor Portal, annual events, engaging fund reports, and opportunities for investors to co-invest in specific companies they like.
The minimum investment in IVX is NZD $50k, to be drawn over four years, offering an attractive entry level for investors who are interested in this asset class.
Icehouse Ventures CEO, Robbie Paul, is hosting a presentation and Q&A session this Thursday at 4:00pm over Zoom. RSVP by emailing here.
Click on the Documents tab to see the Investor Pack or Register Interest for more information and to be connected to the IVX team.
About Icehouse Ventures
Icehouse Ventures is New Zealand's most active venture investment group. Since 2003 we have invested over $190m into over 250 startups.
Listen here to a webinar hosted by Icehouse Ventures CEO, Robbie Paul.
Robbie talks about:
- What the IVX fund is, and its unique positioning
- The power of the relationships and pre-emptive rights
- The experience of investing in such a fund - an immersive experience