Homes for Tamariki Limited
AN ETHICAL INVESTMENT TO PROVIDE STABLE HOMES FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE, AND A COMMERCIAL RETURN TO INVESTORS
Homes for Tamariki is an investment vehicle that purchases existing homes throughout New Zealand and leases these properties to the Government for accommodation of vulnerable children and young people and their caregivers. We envision a future where all children and young people, regardless of their circumstances, can live in a safe, stable, supportive home. Homes for Tamariki is delivering a transformational improvement designed to help achieve this, hand-in-hand with attractive financial returns for investors.
HOW IT WORKS
- The Government (through the Ministry for Children) identify fit for purpose properties around NZ (they require ~100 properties over the next 3 years)
- The Fund then purchases these properties and leases them to the Government on 5 year terms with 3 rights of renewal
- The Government pays rent annually in advance, and takes responsibility for the property and the young residents
- The Fund makes quarterly distributions (net of rates, management fees, interest costs and incidental costs)
- The Company aims to deliver to shareholders: quarterly dividends from net rental income of 4% p.a. and capital growth through appreciation of property values
- First close complete at $3.35m and first three homes acquired (in New Plymouth, Hamilton and West Auckland)
- Now raising a further $20m over the next 12 months
- $50k minimum investment
- Tax efficient Company PIE structure and interest deductibility
- Open to wholesale investors only
HOW TO INVEST
We believe investments that make a strong societal or environmental impact can also offer the greatest sustainability, financial and personal rewards over the long term. Because when we look after our people and our environment, we all benefit.
Join us to make a difference.
To be connected with the New Ground Capital team regarding a possible investment in Homes for Tamariki, click 'Register interest' below.