The tools for the management of private market investments are helping drive growth and reduce costs.
Looking for efficiencies is BAU for many businesses. Having the ability to scale-up quickly, to put in measures to deal with projected growth, or to save on costs are attractive prospects. The need to automate processes and eliminate errors suits many environments. As businesses who share-manage are thrust into uncertain times some could be fighting for survival and seeking cost-saving solutions. Conversely, growth opportunities may arise as investors seek yield in a low interest climate.
The Syndex investment platform simplifies shareholder relationship management and enables easy transacting for any proportionally-owned asset. The online platform enables investors, business-owners and syndicators to issue, manage and trade their alternative or private assets.
Syndex clients join the platform to streamline their shareholder administration into time-saving automated processes. Craigmore partnered with Syndex when their anticipated growth meant that their current administrative tasks needed to move away from excel sheets to a system that offered automation, proficiency and professionalism. Their hunt for a system that provided integrity in the data, security, and a place where investors could self-serve landed them at Syndex. They’ve found success with a Craigmore-branded management module and investor portal.
Since the transition to the Syndex platform Craigmore have seen an extraordinary reduction in administrative tasks. “Formally (administrative) tasks were handled by 1 person working 20 hours per week, now it takes 1 person 2 hours per month,” said Paul Burns, Craigmore Partner and Group Chief Financial Officer.
“The resulting data collection (historical, operational and financial) covers both investments and investors, giving us data-led insights into the business and our clients,” adds Burns. “Being able to produce reports over the top of complex data is quick, easy and powerful.”
The Syndex platform seeks to offer solutions to a diverse group of investment businesses. No matter the size or system, values or volume, the Syndex platform caters to funds, private companies, co-operatives and iwi in the same way as they do to any other issuers. Multi-faceted, the management module, marketplace and investor portal integrate to offer numerous services:
- Efficiencies in registry management. Providing administration services to assist with registry, record keeping, compliance and regulatory issues (AML/CFT, FMCA)
- Investor relations and communication. Tools to deliver performance and market information and undertake corporate actions
- CRM Functionality. (Salesforce.com hosted) Flexible tools for management and director engagement with investors e.g. accessing new capital
- Liquidity. Trading functionality, a point of difference when competing for capital, (continuous or periodic trading)
- Access to capital. Over 900 independent Syndex investors seeking alternative investment opportunities
To read the full case study with Craigmore click here.